Happy Birthday to me. Friends—I ask you: If we lived in the same locale—would you take Zeeva out for a cup of birthday coffee? A birthday drink? Would you give me something special?
My big gift to ME is finally getting over myself enough to admit I need help and ASK for it. In February I was robbed. By so-called friends—friends who’d been warmed and welcomed and helped and received so much trust from me and my family circle here… Many hearts were hurt as we slowly realized—there was no mistake. We’d been played. We’d been taken advantage of and robbed. That’s life. It happens.
I’ve never been much good at asking for help for me. I can and have asked for others–a lot in my life!
But for me? I’m the classic ‘I can do it myself’ kid. Even when I was BLIND—I learned adaptive technology and got OFF my monthly Disability checks in a shorter time than it took the US government to decide a newly brain-injured and BLIND woman needed them!
I’ve always been the one who GIVES help. Even when I was BLIND & on OXYGEN I gave of myself for my community! Yes—busted! Ego said: ‘I’m the one who HELPS!’ Higher Self says: yes, I admit it, I AM human. I, too, can need help. And that can be OK.
So no birthday cake for me today—some humble pie instead. Among what the thieves took were my tools—three cameras (a nearly new Nikon SLR, a never-yet-used Go-Pro, a Nikon Cool Pix) and a number of lenses, electronics, hardware and software, accessories that were ready to use for the work I’d spent the better part of a year developing. They helped themselves to things I needed, some household goods, a variety of clothing and personal items, some replaceable, some irreplaceable. They exist for me now in my memory. At least the camera in my iPhone works pretty well—I’m grateful for that!
So today I ask: if you can, if you like, I AM really GRATEFUL for every little bit of help~~ among the presents YOU can give me:
- Share this post, this blog, my site, my book and my story far and wide. You can do that with just a click or two and it’s FREE!
- If you think you might buy me a cup of coffee or a birthday drink—won’t you put that amount in my Birthday Donation Bucket? Thank you I’m so grateful!
- Buy my book and SHARE the link to it! Give it to your SELF or someone else you love as a gift—I wrote it in response to over 10,000 people contacting me with questions, demanding I SHARE HOW I got my sight back—after 5 years blind and How I Got Well Again—after ALL the Dr’s said I never would! It’s easy to read with an easy-to-follow sensible plan so others Can Get Well Again, Too! I had no money for PR and the theft, the blow to my health, and the setback in my work that was to help promote the book–I do now need help getting the word out! Won’t you tell your friends how you know me and ask them to share the link to my book too? You never know who you’ll help! Thank you I’m so grateful!
- true friends said: “You’ve helped so many–now you ASK–some will be able and will be GLAD to help you BACK! Figure out the ways people can help and ASK!” I’m now exploring the best ways to use–this one’s the first! Please DONATE what you can and (even if you can’t donate anything at this time) would you be so kind as to SHARE THIS LINK to help replace what was stolen TOO? Thank you thank you thank you!
SUBSCRIBE for updates to this site and blog—I’m back in the saddle and following advice of one of my heroes, Arthur Ashe: “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” I AM…
- I humbly ask for your prayers that enough people do respond in good heart that I can to begin to replace what is gone so I can create what I require to create a good living for myself in a good way that is abundant and sustainable so I can continue a life of service.
And please join me in my prayers of thanks: I AM SO VERY GRATEFUL: that I am ALIVE… that I can SEE, that I LOVE and AM LOVED, that I SEE BEAUTY… BEAUTY BEFORE ME… BEAUTY BEHIND ME… BEAUTY ABOVE ME… BEAUTY BENEATH ME… BEAUTY AROUND ME… I WALK IN BEAUTY… I AM GRATEFUL… All my Relations… AHO!